Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Coraline Craftings

A while back I had an epic day of crafting that included making a few Coraline inspired things. Things that I made in massive preparation for Halloween. I also broke down and bought the mini-me, but went scavenging for the panther beanie baby.

I also tried the weekend of Halloween to tye dye strip a shirt orange and pink. The dye didn't go completely through, so I will have to try again at a future date.

I haven't strung the ghost children soul pearls or the seeing stone (as you can see) but the button skeleton key held up ok. I will have to continue to fortify it with crazy/gorilla glue to keep it together.

I cast on for the sweater a while back, but I've gotten caught up in other projects for other people, so I haven't made much progress. But it does look nice with what I've done so far. :D

The blue cotton is super soft and I think it'll be really comfy. The silver threading is really subtle and pretty. I'm also excited to be using the Supernatural inspired stitch markers I made. Though since all of them went to marking this project I want to make more with the charms I have left over.

I'll have to be sure to work in some major knitting time for the sweater. *nods*

No comments: