Friday, July 13, 2012

Grape Swirl

I love when my plots and schemes come together. Not so much for myself, but I do love when I plot for others.

I have had to start and frog this gem of a project several times. Also, due to the variegated yarn I wasn't sure how the pattern was going to look/ turn out, but it was smashing. I especially like that there are blue and purple stripes with the swirls.  

The pattern, Swirl Hat, is wonderful! It is very simple, but a bit tricky.

Finally figured out the trick so I wasn't having to keep counting...because, seriously counting to 8 over and over not so awesome. So pulled out loads of stitch markers and plotted it out.

Honestly, this yarn is beautiful. I have a few skeins left, so another project it in the works for it, but I'm not sure when that will be done. Not for Christmas for sure. I have an few other projects in the works so...there will be more of this Arabian Nights purple and blue in the future.


No comments: