Saturday, May 28, 2011

*presses reboot*

I have started knitting again. It helps that I discovered Ravelry and have therefore acquired much inspiration. I even went as far as to start teaching a friend (we'll call her Chez) to knit. It is going smashingly so far. It gives me something to do with my hands other then munch on something.

With this resurgence on my knitting interest I posted the little meme thingy that went around Facebook at the beginning of the year. The I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment. They must in turn post this and send something they made to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that....it must be handmade by you and it must be delivered sometime in 2011 one. So I'm starting project one of five. I will likely discuss progress and perhaps post finished projects, but only after they are delivered. Otherwise how is it a surprise? And this is assuming people read this. Hahahahaha, rrrrrrright.

Mostly right now I'm trying to find patterns that will challenge me as well as keep me amused while making them. I actually made a bag at the beginning of the year, it was knit flat with a little intarsia thrown in. It wasn't very entertaining to make. Yawn. It got old fast and I struggled to finish it. But since I have noted that about my attention span and it has been a bit better. :D Now it's a matter of finding patterns that fit me as well as the person they are intended for.

*grins* Let the knitting begin!

No comments: