Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloweeny Craftings!

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I remember being a fan growing up, but it is with adulthood that I really took to it. Its not even about the candy and movies (mostly cause I'm not so much a fan of horror movies). I love the time of year with Fall literally falling on us. Yes, the leaves have been changing, but there are still days when it is really warm with those hints of summer. When Halloween arrives I know it is now time for sweaters and sweatshirts! I can wear my new hand knits comfortably without worry of taking them off when I overheat. Found a neat entry on Etsy about Halloween and parenting. Granted this is still a few years down the road for me, but it got me thinking... I need to revel in Halloween a bit more.

And hey, who doesn't love a pumpkin-piggy bank? He's so cute! I did not make him though, I'm not entirely that awesome.

Last week it was painting my toes a-la-Frankenstein. Which is about as festive as I've gotten thus far this month. Though I was changing up the fingernail polish to various fallesque colors since September. I really need to remember to celebrate Halloween all month next year. Making decorating and such work it like at Christmas time.

So the question becomes, what does this week have in store pre-holiday?

Low and behold, when I find crafting ideas, I have a compulsion to do them. So when I came across the GeekCrafts link to these de-lights I had to try (and these glowstick ones)! This resulted in me finding myself in Tuesday Mornings (my crafty grandmother would heartily approve) for glassware. :D I also headed out to Micheal's and ended up with a few more Halloweeny crafty things since they were starting to be mark down what little merchandise that was left.

So I made this pile of random bits and bobs into these awesome luminaries! And I will play with glowsticks on Halloween to light the other jars. Those pictures will have to come later. *nods*

Overall, Gleeful Things has provided some really excellent projects for the future for me to craft that are outside of the knitting realm. I do love knitting, but sometimes I want to end up covered in glitter and glue. ;D

On a side note, I was perusing Gleeful Things and came across this little gem. Um, yeah, here's my converse from before and after. I might actually have to make myself an avatar with my awesome new laced shoes on my feet.

My poor Chucks are so worn. I guess it make it obvious I walk funny given the wear on the inside heel, hn?

No comments: