Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cap for the Cap't

Went to see Captain America (for the second time) today and had lunch with a friend from high school. Hadn't seen him in a few years. It was nice. We had a good chat and I was able to gift him my fifth mystery project. (The fourth is still on the needles slowly being knit...)

Since he was the only male to respond to the Pay it Forward challenge, I had some trouble determining a pattern for him. This is also due to the fact that most patterns seem to be made for women by women. Nothing wrong with that, but trying to find something for a guy it rough.

I chose a hat pattern called Windschief. The guy who wrote it has some really neat stuff that is masculine, but also simple as he does patterns with knit and purls, no fancy stuff that makes it flourishy. I think it turned out well. :) He seemed to like it. (And it fit!)

It really decided me when I had the thought, you can't really have too many hats.

This didn't turn out to be the best picture, but it was better than the ones I took without the foam head. Which, haha! I bought a foam head so I can model hats and hold my blue Coraline wig. :D There is actually a mild level of excitement about this.

Anywho, really enjoyed being able to catch up with my friend, and he was all Captain America, yes! So I told him I'm calling him Cap from now on. :D

No comments: