Monday, August 1, 2011

iTARDIS

This weekend I had ambitious knitting plans. Those went completely down the drain after I tried knitting and had to keep frogging. I finally decided to pick up the needles again and knit something quick and satisfying in hopes that it would restore my desire to knit bigger projects. I have a feeling this is something I'm going to have to do when I begin to get discouraged.

Anyway, I was perusing tumblr and came across an iPod cozy. A TARDIS iPod cozy. Did a quick search on Google and Ravelry to find a pattern (also here). I ended up utilizing the pattern as more of a guide line and did my own thing. I used some worsted weight Red Heart yarn in my stash. I used the gauge the pattern suggested (which ended up being 5 DPN size US 2/ 2.75 mm because I knit very tight). There was some splitting and such, but I'd knit this the same way again.

Here's what I did:
CO 40 sts in MC (blue); divided between 4 needles (10 each needle).


TOP

1-3: K1P1 in MC

Don't break yarn; carry yarn up through CC2 (black) section.

4-7: K in CC2; break leaving a tail to weave in.

8: K in MC

9: P in MC



WINDOWS

With MC and CC (white) working as follows.

1: MCP1, [CCK3, MCP2] 3 times, CCK3, MCP1

2-4: repeat round 1

5: Knit all in MC

6-9: repeat round 1

Break CC leaving tail for weaving in.


BODY:

1: Knit

2: Purl

3-10: [P1, K8] 4 times

Repeat rounds 2-10 three times


BOTTOM:

1-2: Purl


Cast off with 3 needle bind off in purl. Found this Planet Purl video very helpful.


Weave in ends.


I chose not to add the Police Box lettering, but you could embroider that if you wanted.


No comments: