Thursday, August 18, 2011

Leaf your thumbprint please...

I had an awesome vacation going home to Grandma's farm. I hadn't actually seen a chunk of my family in about 4 years due to various circumstances. I was so glad to make it up to see them. Saturday was the big day! I did the poster reveal to Kels on Friday while there were a bunch of us sitting around at Grandma's unfurling large tissue paper pom-poms. :) She liked it.



The wedding was so neat. Casual, fun, and light. Lots of rustic little details that made it memorable. I'm glad that I could be a part of it with my tree. Even if I haven't really drawn much in a last few years...actually I don't remember the last thing I drew. >_> Anyway, the tree turned out great, both before and after! I had the most trouble doing the lettering. OMG. The thing took me about 6 hours to pencil, ink, erase and detail. O_o I'd forgotten how time consuming art could be. Also, I found a tree I would totally draw for my own wedding. :D Cause even with no prospects, having some ideas is never a bad thing.



There was pizza making, rope braiding, pom-pom fluffing, and 40s music pumping out during the reception. It was loads of fun and lots of family visiting. :)

I did take a knitting project with me too. My first shawl. Ugh. Did I struggle. There is so much attention in the pattern with YOs and various knit togethers. I ended up casting on, knitting, frogging, and restarting several times. Mum actually said to me at one point, "this is supposed to relax you." HA! I like the challenge even when it drives me bonkers. :P I ended up knitting most of what is show on the road coming home...so about a 2 hour drive and a 3 hour plan trip. Go me!

Also, the pattern is called Allons-Y and makes me giggle when I think on it for Dr. Who and 10. ;D I actually have a few other shawl plans but they will have to do on hold. My project queue keeps getting added to by friends asking for things. I think I'm just about over my no in the round stage for the moment too. So next days off hopefully I can knock out a set of mittens... *fingers crossed*

No comments: