Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gifting fun giftys!

Got together with KA and her lifemate Bean. I'm going to be screwed when they get married since I've known the girl by first and last name forever...I don't know that I'll be able to change it in my head.

Anyway, had dinner with them and finally gave birthday gifts...a month and seven months late. Eh hehe. Yeah. Figuring schedules, so not my strong point.

Interesting, and humorously, enough Bean and I wore the same shirt without consulting. HAHAHA! That's what happens when you are nerdtastic.

Anyway, I gave each a coffee cup cozy that is hand sewn and reusable from sewtara's Etsy shop. I actually had to get one for myself since I got a ceramic coffee cup with lid that didn't come with a cozy. *pouts* Ah well, I picked a good one.

Along with that KA got a little panda pouch. I am a firm believer that one can never have too many pouches to store things in. Bean got a set of teacups that are cupcake molds. KA had told me when we were last out and about that he wanted them, soooooo. Yesh. :D

As you can see I knit a panda plushie too. This was for KA. She's a big panda fan. It was entirely too entertaining making this little cutie from Katie Boyette's KnitWit book. I have plans for a few other patterns within. *cackles*

There was also a knitted little wonder for Bean. KA and I discovered that there was a mutual love for Dr. Who. That being said I decided Bean needed 11's sonic screwdriver a la yarn.

In the midst of the shopping and browsing of Etsy, I realized I forgot to include a small item for each. *headdesk* I'll have to remember for next outing with one or both of them. *sigh*

They actually got me something pretty freakin' sweet too. KA commented that she loves journals, but doesn't journal well. So I reap the benefits since I do both things. Well, perhaps not well, but I use journals for various things. Anyway, they gave me Keri Smith's Wreck this Journal. I'd seen this when I worked at BN and always meant to buy it. Muwahahaha! I was doing a little googling on it and came across pictures of people following the journal's directions. It got me thinking, I might document this and post about that. Then I found a blog that is doing so. She calls it Wreck this Journal Wednesdays. I'm not sure if I can stick to that schedule, but I can certainly take pictures and post what I do to it.

Yes...this is going to be entertaining. :D

No comments: