Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Brillant day!

I had a fun day with a friend from high school. We have a very difficult time syncing schedules up in order to get together. It was lots of fun. I had errands I wanted to run and it wasn't too hard to ask her to come along. Granted they were places she enjoys: bookstore, craftstore, and Target. Hopefully it wasn't too boring.

I had a book to return that was gifted to me for my birthday last week, but I'd also just gotten it for myself. >_> He he. So since that store is a bit out of my way we looked around at stuff so I could spend the money. Got a few knitting books KnitWit by Katie Boyette (which I see she has a sequel coming out in the fall) and Knitting the Threads of Time by Nora Murphy. I also got a few amusing odds and ends.

This was facilitated by our discussion of my love of Batman and Robin things. KA had spotted a little Robin figure somewhere and hadn't gotten it. We deduced that I already had gotten it for myself and she was pleased. As proof of it and the awesomeness you can see it on my desk! Actually the take your place plaque was also a gift this year from Chez. She also got me a kite. Mum suggested we take it North for Kels' wedding. :) I think that is an excellent plan. *nods*

Anywho, I love having friends that share interests/passions with me since it makes for lively and entertaining discussions. Also excellent gift giving. While we were perusing the bookstore, KA spied an ice cube brain tray. It was instabuy for my birthday. :D I washed it and put it in the freezer as soon as I got home.

I have plans to gross out my parents tonight. Muwahahaha! I need something green to drink. Which I don't have. Maybe I'll drop one in Mum's water...


I also had to buy these for myself as they were ridiculously cute. I will likely not make cupcakes, but will find another use for them. Or maybe cupcakes. For when KA and I get together to marathon Dr. Who, as I discovered today she and her lifemate Bean are fans. This makes plans and plotting so much more entertaining for them now.

I got my copy of World of Geekcraft by Susan Beal today. I was flipping through and there are a few projects I'd like to do, or things that I can adapt to my likes/needs. I also came across Yarn Bombing by Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain. There were a few amusing project possibilities in there as well. Might have to get that one later down the road.

Overall it was a rather fabulous day and I hope that we can get together again once Bean comes home from Africa. :)

No comments: