Wednesday, June 29, 2011

thinking geeky

I was looking for the robot cupcake holders since Mom suggested they'd be good for the nephew perhaps, and found some sciency cookie cutters. Which lead me over to the folks at Think Geek. *sigh* I always forget how much I love that shop, then stumble across it once again. Anywho, I found they have the plushie microbes I love. I'm going to get a few more for me and for Christmas gifts. (I like to squirrel things away as I find them. The trick it to remember I did so.)

Most of the stuff I found appeals to me morbid and absurd sense of humor. ;D I've seen this several times, and if I wasn't sure that it would creep me the hell out when i stumbled into the bathroom at night bleary eyed and semi conscious I would totally get the bloody shower curtain and matching bathmat. It might be worth it as something when I'm on my own for a second bath potentially.

From the bath into the kitchen! I found lots of ridiculous things that were appealing, and ordered them. But there were other things that appealed to my sense of whimsy that I couldn't prod myself it to getting. Like a knife block. If I didn't already have an amazing set of knives, this would definitely have to live on my counter. I really do love bowls and dishes. I have no clue why. But since I was a little munchkin I've loved it. And these drinking cups modeled after computer keys are hilarious! After the brain ice tray (and other more mundane shapes collected from IKEA) I don't know that I need more, but this fairy princess wand one is rather amazing, as well as the swords one. (Hint hint for presents for me! I drink most things with lots of ice in them!)

I also love magnets. This one reminds me of Hook, with the note stabbed through the door! :D

I did have to break down for the cereal bowl. I love cereal, but the bowl will likely get more use than just that staple! :D

Now they also have a lovely Dr. Who section of things. Which is were I acquired a flashlight sonic screwdriver! Go me!

They also had this little tongue in cheek humorous nod to the show with the New New York shirt. It reminded me of one of the shirts I saw at the Supernatural NashCon vendors room. It was a I heart heart The Doctor. I've found variations of it, but none on black like that one. Ah well. I wouldn't have fit into the little girly capped sleeved thing anyway.

And they have little amusing Whovian keychains and a TARDIS cookie jar! YAY!

Ah sweet Think Geek, though there was nothing super crafty, there was a cookbook I felt I had to get. I do so love books and random things that require me making them. :D

No comments: