Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cruisin' for crafts

So I was browsing Craftster for some help/ideas on knitting project bags. I want to make one for Chez for Christmas me thinks with one of the arts from Urban Threads. Came across these Cutie Pot Heads in the project header. They are really adorable. There was also a swap around a small tote bag. I think the project will work for me. And when I clicked through there was also one for a zippered pouch. I seem to always be in need of one of those. And I found some crazy cute shirts at the Craftster store.

I've noticed lately that I've been gravitating toward purple. Don't get me wrong still love the greens and blues, but purple seems to be making an appearance in my color palette. That being said the plaque craft on Urban Threads is something I want very much. Like exact replica. Purple and all.

Now I very much want to do something similar with one of the other awesome steampunk designs they had too. And one for Kt and her hubby for a house warming. I just need to find a quote/image that I like for them. There was one on Urban Threads, but I'm a bit undecided.

Now I've also found an image that I'd really really love to stencil on a teeshirt. Which I do often or at whim. It all started when Twilight first came out in theaters and I was working at the bookstore. I'm really not a fan, however I had co-worker friends that were all over the love-hate spectrum. Thus we decided instead of making shirts that mocked and would get us killed by the tween population we made sly amusing shirts. Or at least amusing to me. :D I'll have to post a picture or two after I touch mine up. I get a lot of wear out of it. I've painted a few shirts since then. I might use some of the techniques talked about in the Urban Threads stenciling tutorial too. We shall see.

No comments: