Friday, July 29, 2011

Supernaturally Coraline!

I decided this weekend to do some craft projects that I've had languishing around in my mind. I finished up a gift for KA's birthday (pictures will have to wait until after giving.) I also finished the wedding tree details and acquired a tube for transport!

Finally made myself a set of stitch markers (since I have multiple projects cast on at a time and always need to find stitch markers). These were inspired by another's crafting of cell phone charms and bag charms. I made them a la Supernatural. :D Mostly they make me smile and I know that will help when I am knitting and need a pick me up mid row/round.

I have many charms left over so I will be making bag charms, zipper pulls, & cellphone charms for friends who are fans. Mostly I am terribly pleased with myself.

I've also taken steps toward making myself in to Coraline. If for no other reason than dressing up as her come Halloween. I don't know that I'll be making a mini-Coraline, that is still in reserve. I have also stumbled across peoples' plushies of The Cat. He might be fun to make, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be digging through my beanie babies for the panther one to carry about. I know my crafting limits...maybe. :D

In the mean time, there is a great little pattern I could use as a base line for The Cat. This was inspired by mtnb's flickr stream. It looks like it wouldn't be too complicated. Of course, too bad my cat is gone. Salem would have been perfect!

I did determine that I wanted to make a key necklace, a seeing stone necklace, and the three pearls she finds. I thought those would be cool. The results seem rather awesome. The pearls glow in the dark, which resulted since I bought the filmo intending to use with the seeing stone and forgetting that I wanted to paint the thing. Then I remembered the pearls. So having those to hang from my beltloop or something should be cool. :)

As I was searching for pictures of the key and seeing stone I came across a neat showing of Coraline inspired fashion.

Molding these didn't really take too much time. Yay for easy shapes. Actually it took most of my hand strength and time to soften the glow-in-the-dark clay. :P And there was a slight clay cooking malfunction. Hot glue was a no go, I was really hoping that it would work since there is no krazy glue in the house. I'm also too lazy at the moment to go out and get some. The painting and the glittering will have to wait.

FYI, my glitter thread has shipped and is in-route. Now to head to a LYS or online one and peruse the choices for base sweater. Still leaning to the cotton in a dark/mid range blue. I'm also wondering how to make a stripy pink shirt. Found a tye dying method that could work, but I'm also debating on doing it in paints or searching for one that is already out there. Then again, if I tye dye some of my old work under shirts, they are great for sleeping/working around the house in!

I am currently debating between making a steampunk shirt, gift plaque, glass etching, or knitting up a storm. I'm sure I'll end up doing at least two of these.

No comments: