Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mystery Project 3 Complete!

I finished the Mystery Project 3...then tried to put it on and got stuck. So I had to rip out the cast off row and try that part again. Twice. :P

Otherwise it took me about 8 hours I think. Which...whoa. don't think I've knit something so quickly of this size. But, at the same time it was very frustrating. There was a lot of frogging and tinking as I went along. *puffs bangs*

I do like how it turned out. Once I got a hang of the pattern it knit up fairly quickly. The last few rounds of the pattern tried to thwart me, but I tinked and fixed without frogging the whole thing. Victory! Anyway the pattern is Greyhaven from Ravelry.

And a little bonus extra! Recipient of my Gates of Greyhaven project also asked if I would make something for her Geocaching. So I knit up this little guy (it only took a few hours)!

I feel like I should name him...hmmm...something that's writing related. I got nothing. Oh well. I'm going with Mortimer and I have no idea why. The newly dubbed Mortimer is from my pattern book Knitting Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec and he will be traveling somewhere.

Go me! Two knitting projects in one day (on June 26th)! It took so long to get the gifts to recipient, but finally got them there today!

No comments: