Friday, July 29, 2011

Coraline Sweater

I mentioned before about knitting a star sweater from Coraline and cosplaying as her. I think it would be kind of awesome. Not only cause it's a relatively simple outfit, but comfortable as well. :)

My biggest challenge will be getting the sweater made. I think it'll be a fun project.

Not sure what I'll end up doing with the stars. I think stitching them on after would be a good plan. I just need to wait for the glitter thread I ordered to come and determine the color blue I'd like to use. I'm leaning toward making a cotton sweater so that I'll be comfortable wearing it in heat and cold. I'm also thinking that making it fairly large will be good so that I can layer if need be in cooler weather.

If I go to Comic Con next year (like a really really want to) I might invest in an obnoxiously bright yellow rain jacket with matching galoshes for other days outfits. I will end up getting a short blue wig and need to see about the hair pins she uses. Overall I think it'll be a fun project adventure. :)

I think I'll have to also figure out how to make a little Coraline doll to carry around if I do the raincoat outfit. :D A lady on craftser has made a good inspiring version!

Here's to being creepy!

2 comments:

A said...

Where can I buy it?

thank you in advance

Coraline said...

Where can I buy it?

thank you in advance :)