Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Geeky shirts

I don't know if this is known, but I think I buy all my tee shirts from three places now it seems. (They are all listed in the sidebar.) Pretty sure this means that I'm a large geek (and hopefully not news) and that my main geekness way of expression is through jeans and a tee. That being said, I bought 2 new shirts in the last few days.

That being said, I love my geek tees. I love that they make me laugh and that I like wearing them. I'd say 50% of the time Mum or Dad laughs at them too. Also, I have friends that like them, but the majority of the time I don't really care and wear them cause they crack me up. This is also why I say about 80% of the things I do. I like making myself laugh, who cares if anyone else does.

Now the Ravenclaw tee is ridiculously appropriate as I sort into Ravenclaw. Thus I also have a tie and robe that reflects said House. And yes, I will be sporting both at the movie on Friday at midnight. There is wizarding to be seen and done! Muwahahahaha!

Funny story too about the tee. I was finishing up school when the Quidditch thing was really starting to hit campuses nationwide. (I love that there's a league.) If I didn't think I would have failed all my classes I would have joined in the fun of running about the Commons grounds with a broomstick and fellow fans. Alas, my course load was kicking my butt and graduation was looming close. :( Maybe in grad school. Okay so maybe not funny, but a little sad. None the less, it makes me chuckle.

This tee is a bit more obscure, but no less amusing to me. I love Joss Whedon. His shows made up a good portion of my tv watching life. Be it catching them on DVD or actual TV. I think I'll always love Angel ridiculous amounts as well as Firefly. But Dr Horrible has many amusing merits too. The idea of Joss and superheroes/villains makes my geek heart flutter. Add in Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion and I might go catatonic. But I decided to get this since I said something about the status quo leaving the building to my mom once and she thought it was hilarious. Hilarious but true. Enough so she wanted to remember it for potential future reference. So, Ha!

Now if only they would stop printing awesome sauce shirts. I'm lying of course. They need to keep going, I'm learning restraint though and not buying all of them that strike my fancy. :D

No comments: