Tuesday, July 5, 2011

un elephant qui se balance...

A few days ago one of my elementary school friends gave birth to a little girl. Now I didn't know this till today. Having seen this I decided to mark the event by knitting her (mother and daughter) an elephant plushie. This is mostly cause I really wanted to make the Rosie pattern from KnitWit but couldn't justify making it for myself.

It is really easy and I like the yarn that I found in my stash for it. It's dark purples and greens, but still seems appropriate for a little girl. :D As I've been putting it together it's been a little off kilter. I've also understuffed it a bit so that it is smooshy and soft. When I showed Mum she suggested stitching the eyes on so that she won't choke on them. Little Rosie can sit, but is very clutchable too.

The pattern also puts a felt crown on it, but I can't decide if I want to add it. I think with the color changes and such it makes it busy enough without the accessory.

No comments: