Friday, July 15, 2011

possessing wit and learning

Just got back from seeing the film at midnight, in IMAX 3D! WAAAAAAAAAAH! It was pretty freakin' amazing. I liked the pace of the film (I didn't get bored) as well as the humor that was interspersed.

In honor of the film's release I went looking for Ravenclaw items (as that is my house.) :D I lean toward the movie version of blue and silver, but that's because I like the look of silver over bronze.

My only problem now will be to find yarn in fibers and colors that will match approximately with the sweater and tie I have. I will have to get enough for mitts and socks and maybe a scarf and hat. I feel like I should kit myself out completely. Might have to venture into making a sweater vest as well. :) Sunshine Yarns has some great Harry Potter themed colorways, but nothing that really fits with what I'd like to do.

I love these fingerless mittens. I've loved the pattern since I initially came across it. But after stumbling on a Ravenclaw version, I knew it was perfect. :)

I really adore these socks too. I really really want to make them or get someone awesome at color work and/or sock knitting to make them for me. I have yet to venture into sock making and am a little leary of it yet. But maybe someday soon it will be territory I enter!

There are great patterned to make a lot of the clothing for any Hogwarts' student in Charmed Knits by Alison Hansel. I made a hat but will likely end up making a scarf and a few other things eventually. :)

The Leaky Cauldron has an awesome listing of fan made crafts, knits, and other items!

I'll have to look around for other fun things. I did come across some stitch markers which reminds me that I wanted to make some Supernatural inspired ones. But I am starting to feel the effects of little sleep and it being time for bed. *yawn*

No comments: