Wednesday, July 27, 2011

and sometimes, when you fall, you fly

I have a ridiculous amount of love for Neil Gaiman and his various works. I've read a few and have stacks of other to get through yet. But I don't know that I'll ever forget my first foray into his genius head.

I was in high school and a friend in my creative writing class suggested Neverwhere to me. After that I picked up other novels. I think it's a tie between Stardust and The Graveyard Book as my current favorite and I poke through The Sandman comics from time to time.

I love that there are a few references to his work in my favorite television show Supernatural as well.

He's created worlds that are simply awe-inspiring and incredible. The stories are often creepy with a good dose of humor in there to keep you on your toes. As I was stumbling about the internet I came across a video of knitting for the movie Coraline based off his book.

I can promise I was fascinated and enthralled.



Here's an actual person sized pattern of Coraline's sweater. I really really loved that sweater. I might actually have to make one for myself...yeah, that would be kind of awesome to dress up as at a convention. I actually have this awesome glow in the dark yarn that I could use for the stars. Hmmmm...this might be a good first sweater project.

In the mean time, I would love to see him speak. I've watched video and he seems completely awesome.

Ah well. One day.

No comments: