Thursday, July 14, 2011

knitting and Harry Potter

I've been knitting for a bit, trying to finish up Mystery Project 2! I'm getting there and watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire while doing so. I've watched the previous three while working this part of the project and the recipient should get a kick out of that when I tell her. :)

Also, Ten is in this one. So yes, he's an uber creeper, but still awesome! Yay for fandom crossover!

I'm about 80% finished!

I just printed off the pattern for Project 4 and am ready when this one is finished to get through that one. I've also got a few more projects in my queue.

While I was printing I was catching up on one of my favorite designers, SpillyJane. She patterned a pair of mittens off of one of my favorite book series, Kushiel's Legacy. I've attempted them a few times, but had to frog them. But I do hope to make them again soon! It was an important lesson in gauge. I discovered I generally have to bump the needle size up two when I knit something so it works on the proper gauge. I knit really tight.

She's also patterned a pair inspired by Terry Pratchet's Discworld series.

No comments: